Seeking Feedback and Tips on Using Telescope Live for Astrophotography

Hello everyone,

I've recently come across the website Telescope Live and I'm intrigued by its offerings for astrophotography enthusiasts. Before diving in, I wanted to gather some feedback from those who have used the platform.

1. User Experience: How intuitive is the interface for scheduling telescope time and managing your observations?
  2. Quality of Data: How would you rate the quality of the images and data provided by Telescope Live? Are they suitable for detailed analysis and publication?
  3. Cost vs. Value: Do you find the subscription fees and pricing plans reasonable for the value received? Are there any hidden costs I should be aware of?
  4. Community and Support: How responsive and helpful is the Telescope Live community and customer support team? Are there any active forums or groups for users?
  5. Educational Resources: Does the platform provide sufficient tutorials, guides, and resources for beginners in astrophotography?

I’m looking forward to hearing about your experiences and any tips you might have for making the most out of Telescope Live. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Mark Williams

Hello Mark,

Welcome to Telescope Live! We're glad to have you in our community.

As part of the TL staff, I will address question number 4. Regarding the forum aspect of your question: this is our forum. Here, you can find help with frequently asked questions as well as more specific requests, both from the Telescope Live team and other Telescope Live users.

We respond promptly to all requests, whether they come through the forum, via email, or through the chat on our site. Typically, we reply within minutes, and everyone receives a response within 24 hours at the latest. 

I'll leave it to our users to help you with the other questions. However, I'm here and ready to assist with any doubts you may have.

Clear Skies,

Ernesto

1. User Experience: How intuitive is the interface for scheduling telescope time and managing your observations? - it is actually pretty easy, even if you do custom RA and Dec. I should know because I've done it a ton. I have over 100 advanced requests that I have done. I think I even did an article on it. I know I did a blog post on it!

2. Quality of Data: How would you rate the quality of the images and data provided by Telescope Live? Are they suitable for detailed analysis and publication? I have gotten multiple AAPOD with this data. Check out my gallery at Astrobin and you can see I've gotten nominated for top pick a bit, gotten some top picks, and even gotten the IOTD a couple times with TL data. It is really all in how you process it. https://www.astrobin.com/users/ImNewHere/

3. Cost vs. Value: Do you find the subscription fees and pricing plans reasonable for the value received? Are there any hidden costs I should be aware of? No hidden costs I am aware of. Also, the one click observations are far cheaper than you are going to find anywhere else unless you are using your own equipment.

4. Community and Support: How responsive and helpful is the Telescope Live community and customer support team? Are there any active forums or groups for users? The forums are here and I do check them on occasion. When I've reached out to Ernesto and others on the site that are actual site staff I have gotten support right away.

5. Educational Resources: Does the platform provide sufficient tutorials, guides, and resources for beginners in astrophotography? - Check the articles here and check the blog and tutorials on the site. Just in the articles alone that I have written you should be able to get some pretty nice stuff using Astro Pixel Processor and Photoshop. Others focus on other software such as Siril, Pixinsight, Affinity Photo, etc.
  • Like 1