Help Needed Please!

Hi - I have been doing EAA / astrophotography for a few years now with ever improving results (I am pleased to say), but I just can't seem to make the switch to Telescope Live.

When I take my own EAA shots using either of my OSC cameras (a ZWO 183MC and an Altair GP Cam 327) the images are of course automatically stacked (including darks and flats) and I can tease out some pleasing colour images using either GIMP or Affinity Photo. I do not have to 'artificially' colourise the data - I just stretch it and adjust contrast / brightness etc. to generate a nice colour capture (see attached example of NGC 281).

When I try to do the same - using Telescope Live downloads - I just end up with black and white images. I am obviously doing something wrong, but I don't know what!! I have looked at lots of videos and tried many different techniques suggested by other imagers but to no avail. Black and white is all I get! It's as though the colour is just not being allowed out!

I suspect my workflow / stacking process is defective but again I don't know why. I simply try to replicate the existing automatic OSC process by first collectively stacking all the Telescope Live RGB images (in Affinity) and then stretching the composite data and adjusting the image. Each time I hope to draw out some colour, but all I see is B&W!

Maybe somebody can suggest possible errors I am making and remove this block on my TL journey!!

Thanks in advance,

Norris Adams

NGC 281 ASI PP.png

• 4 weeks later...

I just went through what they have, and it looks like the only way to get this is to stack each channel separately, then save them as separate images for each channel, then do the RGB as layers and combine them, and then do lum as an overlay at around 50% opacity, merge them all, and then process it from there.

Have you tried stacking in another program and then bringing that into Affinity and processing it from there?