problem with removing light pollution

Sometimes when I use the tab "removing light pollution", I will see ribbons of different color show up all across my screen.  They seem to come out of the background, though I am not sure.  Sometimes it happens when I put in just the required  5 boxes, sometimes it happens when I add more boxes.  How do I get rid of them?  The only way I have found, is to move the black point and make the field much darker to cover them up.  I suspect there is a better way.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Screenshot2023-12-29at1_54_23PM.thumb.png.bd4eecc2662b71ed4198a963813c8e5d.png

On 12/20/2023 at 9:41 PM, Scotty Bishop said:

Can you post screenshots of it? I'd like to see your before and after if you don't mind and what kind of image you are running into this on.

This shows green and purple bands in left corner and in upper you can see a fainter red band.  These just showed up after I used the reducing light pollution button.   Put in 5 boxes.   This doesn’t always happen but when it does it doesn’t make sense to me

What you want to do before you do any light pollution removal is to use the batch crop function and then crop out all of the stacking artifacts because otherwise it will not compute a good background. Go ahead and do that first, and also make sure you have the neutralize background box checked on your preview.

You should have something similar to this:

Screenshot 2023-12-31 104304.jpg

• Like 1