Plate Solve Issues

Hi, I'm new to the community and I'm attempting to integrate data in WBPP. I have downloaded IC 405 into WBPP (3 each Ha, OIII, and SII) to integrate and come out with one master light of each to post process. The issue I'm experiencing is WBPP get stuck on Plate Solving. I have tried adjusting the noise settings and others in Image Integration and restarting the procSPA-1-CCD_2022-11-20T03-58-38_IC405IC410_Halpha_600s_ID323272_cal.fitsess serval times. It keeps shooting out RANSAC: Unable to find star pair. Is there a issue with WBPP working with CCD?

Hi Manuel.  Double check the parameters you used for this option.  You'll need to make sure the RA & Dec coordinates and date and time are correct for the image target as well as the values for the focal length of the optical tube and the camera pixel size.  I do not use this option in WBPP; I prefer to use the Image Solver Process script to plate solve the data after integration as this script provides you more control of the parameters used to plate solve the image.

PlateSolvePara.jpeg

• Like 1