Download speeds question

Hi, I'm a member on a bronze plan, and have been noticing I'm having some speed issues when downloading bundles via the download manager to my location in Australia.

Any given download doesn't ever appear to get above 100kb/sec and often downloads are much slower. I have a high speed connection here and have tested I'm getting good speeds from other sites without issues.

I'm wondering if TL.live have restricted the download speeds, or if there are any tips/tricks you can share to improve download performance from the site? 

Please don't take this as a criticism, just seeing if there's anything I can do to improve downloads as my experience is currently quite painful in this area.

otherwise, I love the site! 

image.thumb.png.28fc2f3e53282b642ae0b3ec55e2f04f.png

Hi Chris, 

I'm afraid that I'm not tech tech savvy enough to venture a suggestion, but really sympathise with you. I'm in the UK and upon checking get just under 40Mb/sec. This may not be as fast as others might achieve but still very acceptable. 

When you say that other sites do not give you this issue, are any of those situated overseas? Knowing the answer to that might just help someone better placed than me to eliminate that as a possibility. BTW I can remember the days when those download speeds of yours were considered quite respectable. 

Hoping you get this resolved asap and CS, 

Ray 

I found that after several hours, my download speeds improved - and I'm now getting 500 - 600 kb/s per transfer which is much better. I also changed to using the chrome browser instead of Safari - and that helped a little also.

Hi Chris, 

The nominal download speed is around 3-4 MB/s.  (that is about a 5-minute download for a 1 GB dataset)

It was probably a temporary slowdown, anyway yes using Chrome is a good idea (as there are a couple of known issue using SAFARI with our platform).

Clear Skies,
Ernesto

• Like 1