I see more telescopes on the website than can ever be scheduled

Is it possible to get time on a larger RC or deeper telescope?

I'd like to buy about 10 hours on cosmic horseshoe and see if we can capture the gravitational lens.  But there are no deep telescopes on any of the advancted or suggested object requests even though i see some fancy telescopes listed on the website itself.

On 5/15/2024 at 12:31 AM, Byron Miller said:

Is it possible to get time on a larger RC or deeper telescope?

I'd like to buy about 10 hours on cosmic horseshoe and see if we can capture the gravitational lens.  But there are no deep telescopes on any of the advancted or suggested object requests even though i see some fancy telescopes listed on the website itself.

The OS 70cm is currently under maintenance, for a target like this though it would be best to utilise the better skies in Chile. Although marginal, the better seeing will help greatly.

16 minutes ago, Alexander Curry said:

The OS 70cm is currently under maintenance, for a target like this though it would be best to utilise the better skies in Chile. Although marginal, the better seeing will help greatly.

Thank you! someone replied to my email with more details and i figured out why i wasn't seeing the scope.

Is there a "good enough" location of these scopes so i can plan observations with Stellarium to know better when they're higher in the sky and optimal targets?

Hi Byron,

You can use this great website developed by our tutor @Jarmo Ruuth

https://ruuth.xyz/AstroMosaic.html?service=Telescope Live

All our telescope details are pre loaded so you can just choose the telescope, the target and see the visibility graph. (the same graph I sent you in the private email you mentioned in your message)

Clear Skies,

Ernesto

• Like 1