Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think at the moment there is no ability to make mosaics in SIRIL, however, you could still use SIRIL to stack and process the individual panels and then use another editor for stitching. I'm not sure how well this would work with different panel background intensities but I've used ICE before for lunar mosaics and it seemed to work quite well.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/image-composite-editor/ (It's discontinued but there are 3rd party download links around)

 

There is also mosaic mode in DSS, I haven't tried this myself but perhaps it would work better than ICE. You'd just need to change the stacking mode:

image.png.969c191d51671e2f0374a6061842e3a3.png

Of course stacking each colour channel individually as usual!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Alexander Curry said:

 I'm not sure how well this would work with different panel background intensities but I've used ICE before for lunar mosaics and it seemed to work quite well.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/image-composite-editor/ (It's discontinued but there are 3rd party download links around)

 

 

ICE is very nice for lunar mosaics, but for astro when I tried it I had very obvious panels.

I would highly recommend Astro Pixel Processor for mosaics because as far as I know it and PI are the only ones that do them, and with APP it does them very well. You could finish up processing in your program of choice afterward.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Scotty Bishop said:

ICE is very nice for lunar mosaics, but for astro when I tried it I had very obvious panels.

I would highly recommend Astro Pixel Processor for mosaics because as far as I know it and PI are the only ones that do them, and with APP it does them very well. You could finish up processing in your program of choice afterward.

Good to know about ICE. I might try DSS with a 2x2 just to see if there is a free option for stacking mosaics

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Alexander Curry said:

Good to know about ICE. I might try DSS with a 2x2 just to see if there is a free option for stacking mosaics

Way on back when I used DSS as long as you had quite a bit of overlap on OSC stuff it seemed to work, but normalization wasn't part of it so you could get obvious panel marks and need to bury the black point to hide them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Guidelines